“Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am sunlight on ripened grain; I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep”
Bereaved Family Support
- Center for Grieving Children, Maine
- Grieving Dad’s Project
- Dougy Center
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
- The Sajni Center at Lucy’s Love Bus
- The TEARS Foundation
- The MISS Foundation – The Selah Retreat
- Hope Floats, Massachusetts
“Especially when you’re grieving… Remember to take care of yourself with kindness, compassion, and without judgement.”
Online Grief Support
Bereaved Parents of Childhood Cancer (Facebook Group)
Parents who lost children to cancer (Facebook Group)
Momcology – Bereaved (Facebook Group)
Southern ME Chapter of Bereaved Parents of the USA (Facebook Group)
Helping Children with Grief – https://www.wgu.edu/blog/helping-children-grief2004.html
Coping with Death and Grief – The Bereavement Process Explained
for the life you lived
and the one you didn’t.”
Bereavement Retreats and Trips
- Camp Sunshine
- Camp Sol Family Retreat Weekend
- Charlie’s Guys (sibling experiences)
- Eva’s Angels (UK)
- Faith’s Lodge
- Healing Hearts Family Bereavement Camp
- Hope & Healing Bereavement Retreat
- Leaps of Love Good Grief Getaway
- Luella’s Lodge
- Jacob’s Heart Forever Loved Retreat
- Momcology Retreats
- Merlin’s Magic Wand
- Rett’s Roost
- Team Campbell Foundation
- Why Me Sherry’s House Healing Retreat
“Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love.
It’s all the love you want to give but cannot.
All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes,
the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest.
Grief is just love with no place to go.”
Bereaved Sibling Camps
- Camp Erin
- Comfort Zone Camp
- Experience Camp
- Camp Good Grief: Alabama, Southern California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, New York, New York (City), North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia
“A mother always carries her children.
Sometimes she carries their life.
Sometimes she carries their death.
But she will always carry them, no matter where they are.”
– Rachel Lewis
Books Dealing With Grief and the Afterlife.
- It’s Ok That you’re Not Ok. Megan Devine.
- On Grief and Grieving. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross & David Kessle
- Transcending Loss. Ashley Davis Bush
- To Heaven and Back. Mary Neal, MD
- Permission to Mourn. Tom Zuba
- Becoming Radiant. Tom Zuba
- Bearing the Unbearable. Joanne Cacciatore, PhD
- Grief Is A Journey. Dr. Kenneth J. Doka.
- Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul. Jack Canfield & Mark Hansen
- Imagine Heaven. John Burke.
- Transcending Loss. Ashley Davis Bush.
- The Unspeakable Loss of a Child. Nisha Zenoff.
- Living After Losing A Child. Ellen Mitchell.
- The Grief Club. Melody Beattie
- Please Be Patient I’m Grieving. Gary Roe.
- Shattered Surviving the Loss of a Child. Gary Roe.
- From Mother to Mother On the Loss of a Child. Emily R. Long
- Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. David Kessler.
- Many Lives, Many Masters. Brian L. Weiss, M.D.
- Adventures of the Soul. James Van Praagh
- Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife – Eben Alexander
- I Am Enough. Marissa Peer
- Signs-The Secret Language of the Universe. Laura Lynne Jackson
- A to Z Healing Toolbox. Susan Hannifin-MacNab
When Heaven Calls by Matt FraserThrough A Season of Grief by Bill DunnA Place Called Heaven by Dr. Robert JeffressForgiving What You Can’t Forget by Lysa TerKeurst (this is the current one I’m reading)I Didn’t See That Coming by Lysa TerKeurstI Wasn’t Ready To Say Goodbye by Brook NoelGetting Past What You’ll Never Get Over by John WestfallThere is more to life than this by Theresa Caputo
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking
- Grief Out Loud Podcast | Grief Resources | The Dougy Center
- Grief Support For Those Who Like to Listen: What’s Your Grief
- Grief: A Love Story – the podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Grief is a Sneaky Bitch – Lisa Keefauver
- Nora McInerny: We don’t “move on” from grief. We move forward with it
- Sarah Montana: Why forgiveness is worth it
- Sandeep Jauhar: How your emotions change the shape of your heart
- “I believe in an always life”: a conversation with Elizabeth Gilbert on love, death and grief
- Allen Freeman – Invite a Physicist to your Funeral
- Marissa Peer – How to Control your Brain
- Jocko Willink – Overcoming Loss